Our school website's “Parent Zone” includes great information such as schedules, school policies, athletics, calendars, course information, after school program, volunteer opportunities and much, much more!
- Visit the “Infohub”, found within the "Parent Zone", when you have a general question. We bet you will find the answer!
- Visit the announcements section of our website for information about upcoming events.
If you have other questions or suggestions, we'd love to hear from you. Email us today!
FUN LUNCH - oRDER TODAY AND HELP SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL!
WHAT IS FUN LUNCH?
We are happy to offer the Fun Lunch (Healthy Hunger) fundraiser. This optional program is an online ordering service where students may order lunch and have it delivered to the school. The service will be available frequently throughout the year with varying restaurant options. And the best part is, proceeds from these lunches will go towards our current fundraising campaign (and other capital needs)! This fundraiser is open to SCS students and staff only.
If you have any questions about your order, please email our coordinator. Dates will be available on the Healthy Hunger website as soon as they are available. Students must be added to the Healthy Hunger website annually.
Can you spare an hour at lunch to help distribute Fun Lunch to our students? Click HERE to sign up to volunteer.
Please click HERE and scroll to "After School Program" or "Students at School Outside of Supervision Times" for information.
Will your child(ren) be missing regularly-scheduled classes?
Remember that parents must notify the School Office (not the classroom teacher) of all absences, whether it's for an hour, a day, or a week or more! You can even let us know in advance so you can cross that off of your to-do list now!
To report absences/late arrivals/early departures, email email@example.com or call 306-343-1494 and press "1" for attendance line.
Parents, grandparents, & other special guests are always welcome to join us!
Student chapels are held weekly on Thursdays.
Times/student groupings are subject to change, so please consult the website calendar before attending.
REGULAR CHAPEL SCHEDULE:
Gr K-4: 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Gr 5-8: 2:15 pm - 3:10 pm
Gr 9-12: 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15
AFTERNOON Performance: 1:30 PM
Evening Performance: 6:30 pm
SCS is proud to present..."The Light of Christmas". Enjoy student performances as we celebrate our Saviour!
Everyone is welcome to join us! Please consider attending the afternoon performance as space is limited for the evening performance. K-8 students will be asked to stay in their classroom or designated area during the performances.
DECEMBER 18 - DECEMBER 22
Are you missing a shoe, sweater, or water bottle? All “lost and found” items will be displayed in the Commons from December 18 - December 22. Unclaimed items will be donated to charity after December 22.
Smaller items such as jewelry, calculators, and eyeglasses can be claimed at the School Office.
TRIP DATE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2024
REGISTRATION, Form SUBMISSION, & PAYMENT DEADLINE: DECEMBER 20, 2023*
*This is a FIRM deadline as numbers must be given to Table Mountain in advance. Participants must do the following in order to attend:
Read and Register:
Read the Ski Trip Info & Registration Instructions 2024 and follow the appropriate link(s) at the bottom of the instructions to register your student(s) and yourself with Table Mountain. Parents are welcome to attend/participate, but it is not required.
Instructions about how to make payment are detailed in the Ski Trip Info & Registration Instructions 2024. ONLY online payments will be accepted (DO NOT send money to school with students).
Complete and submit all forms listed in the instructions process to the classroom teacher. NOTE: the Off-Site Acknowledgement of Risk Form will be provided by and should be returned to your classroom teacher.
Important to Note:
Students NOT attending the trip:
- If your child is not attending the ski trip, but wants to attend school:
Staff will be on hand to keep students occupied.
- If your child is not attending the ski trip and will not be coming to school:
Parents must report the absence to the School Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-343-1494 and press “1” for the attendance line.
All chaperones must be 18 years of age or older. If you are bringing other family members with you to ski/snowboard, DO NOT sign them up as chaperones. All other siblings must pay general admission directly at Table Mountain and CANNOT sign up online.
Direct all questions and inquires to Mr. Thiessen by email at email@example.com
- If your child is not attending the ski trip, but wants to attend school:
DECEMBER 25 - JANUARY 5
Merry Christmas! May you have a safe and blessed Christmas break!
School resumes for all grades on January 8.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 11 | GRADES 9-12 | AFTERNOON
SCS staff selects several high school students to meet with numerous times during the school year. These students make up their Student Advisory Group. The goal is to ensure that all students have an adult to connect with regarding school academics, relationships, school procedures, etc.
Each time these groups meet, there will be list of meeting times outside teacher's classrooms the day before. Chapel will be cancelled for grades 9-12 and class periods will be altered to accommodate this event.
Once your child has completed their meeting time, they are free to leave for the day.
Alternate CLASS schedule for JANUARY 11 only:
Period 1 - 8:45 - 9:30
Period 2 - 9:30 - 10:15
Period 3 - 10:15 - 11:00
Break - 11:00 - 11:15
Period 4 - 11:15 - 12:00
Period 5 - 12:00 - 12:45
If you have any questions about Student Advisory Groups, please email Mr. Long.
Join in the fun and plan to participate in the SRC events!
Tuesday, December 5 - Thursday, December 7:
- Candygrams will be sold during lunch (grades 6-12).
- Grades 9-12 may sign up for the gingerbread house building contest.
Thursday, December 7: PJ Day
Friday, December 8:
- Christmas Sock Day
- "Just Dance" in the gym at lunch (middle years and high school)
Monday, December 11: Winter Wonderland Day
Tuesday, December 12: Hat Day
Wednesday, December 13: Christmas Photo Booth (grades 9-12)
Thursday, December 14: Christmas PJ Day
Friday, December 15:
- Christmas Colour Day
- Glass Fusing Workshop at lunch (grades 9-12)
Monday, December 18 - Wednesday, December 20:
- Flannel Day
- Gingerbread House Building Contest (grades 9-12)
Tuesday, December 19: Candygrams will be delivered
Wednesday, December 20: Santa's Helpers Day
Thursday, December 21: Ugly Sweater Day
Friday, December 22: PJ Day
We are looking forward to seeing all the outfits! Please remember that regular dress code rules still apply.
Accurate attendance is vital for the safety and security of students and staff:
- Review Absence Reporting for more detailed information
- Contact school office for absences/late arrivals/early departures (not the classroom teacher)
- Enter/exit through main doors and report to the Receptionist upon arrival/departure
- Make sure all children in your household understand how these protocols affect them
- To report absences/late arrivals/early departures, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-343-1494 and press "1" for attendance line
GYM UNIFORM & SCS GEAR | ONLINE ORDERING
Score the latest gear for students, athletes, coaches, staff, and families! Purchase gym uniforms and much, much more using our online campus store. For gym uniforms, visit the "Students" tab and then select "Gym Strip". Gym uniforms are required for grades 5-10 students, but anyone can shop for SCS gear! Feel free to order all year long!
Things to remember when ordering:
- At the time of checkout, information regarding the pick-up date will be communicated.
- All inquiries can be directed to Top Shelf Sports at (306) 953-0099
- Sample sizes and item pick-up: Top Shelf Sports at 1619 8th St. East.
DURING THE COLDER MONTHS, PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING:
● Students go outside for recess and lunch when the temperature (with the wind chill) is minus 26 degrees Celsius or warmer. Please ensure students are prepared with warm clothing appropriate for the weather.
● If weather conditions are poor, you should make a safe decision about traveling to school. Parents must report all absences/late arrivals/early departures to the School Office. Call 306-343-1494 and press "1" or email 24/7.
● Ensure you have an alternate plan for your children in the event you are unable to get to the school for pick up.
● In cases of severe weather, the school may invoke emergency dismissal procedures. Parents will receive instructions and should check the SCS website or 650 CKOM websites in the mornings for emergency notifications.
● You should ensure that emergency contact information is current at the School Office and provide a telephone number where you can be reached immediately.