It's not too late to donate and get a tax receipt for the 2022 tax year!
Click HERE to view our current fundraising campaigns and for information about how to donate today!
In order to continue to provide a safe environment for all students and staff, it is imperative that we have an accurate headcount at ALL TIMES. In the event of an emergency, this information ensures we know who is safely out of our building and who may still be inside. Attendance is more than just record-keeping; it is the method by which we provide a safe and secure building for everyone.
The School Office must be informed of all absences/LATES. While you may wish to contact your child’s teacher regarding homework, it is the School Office that tracks attendance AND NEEDS TO BE INFORMED.
Click HERE for a detailed explanation of these important processes.
Lates/absences MUST be reported to the School Office (not the classroom teacher):
- Email email@example.com
- Call 306-343-1494 and press “1” for the attendance line
- Enter/exit through the main doors, sign the Daily Visitor Log (upon entry and exit), and report to Receptionist before proceeding.
We welcome SCS parents and their extended family members to volunteer at SCS. If you have time to lend a hand, please visit our volunteer opportunities and sign-up for an event today!
Check back often for updates and show us your volunteer hustle!
Our parking lots are safer for everyone when everyone follows the rules! Unsafe situations that can easily be avoided if everyone cooperates! Please review the rules below and help us ensure the parking lots are safe and convenient at all times. If you are not authorized to park in a specially designated spot, do not stop or park there.
General Parking Lot Rules
Student Parking Lot Rules
WINTER STUDENT PARKING REMINDER:
Students who drive to school are expected to park their vehicles in the student parking lot only. Students are not permitted to parking in staff/visitor parking lot or to use the electrified stalls.
Parents. grandparents, and other special guests are always welcome to join us each Thursday for student chapels.
Please sign in at the School Office before proceeding to the Multipurpose Room.
REGULAR CHAPEL SCHEDULE:
Gr K -4: 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Gr 5-8: 2:15 pm - 3:10 pm
Gr 9-12: 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
best and brightest scholarships | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15
The “Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarships” are the University of Saskatchewan’s highest valued and renewable entrance scholarships and are awarded based on academics, leadership and contributions to school and community life.
To be considered, complete your application for admission by December 1, and fill out and submit the online application for Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarships in PAWS by December 15.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 5 | 7:30 - 9:00 PM | SCS LIBRARY
The SSCE Board invites you to meet the leadership team and share what's on your mind. If you have questions about membership or the meeting, please feel free to email the board.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8 | 3:45 PM TO 7:45 PM
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9 | 9:00 am to 11:45 AM
Booking deadline: Monday, December 5
Booking Information and Links
If you need to change your appointment, please contact your classroom teacher directly. All teacher emails are last name, first initial of first name “@saskatoonchristianschool.ca”.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9
There is no school for Elementary students (grades K-8) on the above date.
Class is still in session for High School students (grades 9-12).
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 22
Morning Performance: 10:00 am
Evening Performance: 6:30 pm
Everyone is welcome to join us in the Multipurpose Room for our annual Christmas Program, "Celebrating the Nativity"! Please consider attending the morning performance as space is limited for the evening performance.
K-8 students will be asked to stay in their classroom or designated area during the performances.
NO SCHOOL | K-12 | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 23 - FRIDAY, JANUARY 6
SCHOOL RESUMES: MONDAY, JANUARY 9
“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace”.
DURING THE COLDER MONTHS, PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING:
● Students are to stay inside the school when the temperature (with the wind chill) is minus 27 degrees Celsius or colder. This means elementary students stay indoors during recess and during the noon hour.
● If a significant snowfall occurs making road travel difficult, families have to make a decision about travelling to school that makes ‘safety-sense’. If you feel it is unsafe to drive to get your children to school, please do not attempt to do so. It is important that parents call (306-343-1494 and press "1") or email to let the School Office know that your child will not be in school.
● Have a plan for your children in the event you are not able to get to the school to pick them up – that is, an alternate home for them to go to for the night.
● In cases of severe weather, there may be instances where Saskatoon Christian School invokes emergency dismissal procedures. Parents and guardians will receive information and instructions.
● Please check the SCS or 650 CKOM websites in the mornings for any notifications.
● Parents should ensure their emergency contact information is kept up to date at their child's school. If emergency phone numbers change, please inform school staff in the School Office. Please provide a telephone number at which you can be reached immediately.
School Calendar 2022-2023
Our school website is always the best source of current information and events. Please click to access the school calendar. To keep information up-to-date and be environmentally friendly, we will no longer be distributing paper copies or producing an annual calendar PDF.
The school calendar is always available on our website at the bottom of every page in the “Quick Links”.
Website calendar tips will help you navigate easily and get the most out of the website calendar!
HELP SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL!
We are happy to offer the Fun Lunch (Healthy Hunger) fundraiser. This optional program is an online ordering service where students may order lunch and have it delivered to the school. The service will be available frequently throughout the year with varying restaurant options. And the best part is, proceeds from these lunches will go towards our current fundraising compaign (and other capital needs)!
This fundraiser is open to SCS students and staff only.