Phone 306-343-1494 and press “1” for the attendance line or click HERE to inform the school office of any student absences that you want to have excused.
Please specify if it is for illness, medical appointments, or extended holidays.
SCS is pleased to partner with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Saskatoon (“BGCS”) to host our After School Program (“the Program”). All SCS students are welcome to participate but the program is intended for students enrolled in Kindergarten to Grade 6. The Program will run through the school year, and commences on September 5. Afternoon sessions end at 6 p.m.
SCS offers space free of charge but the Program is administered entirely by BGCS so all enquiries related to the Program should be emailed to Lindsay Roy.
Although Saskatchewan does not maintain a standard of care for before and after school programs, the BGCS After School Program is operated according to the HIGH FIVE® standard of quality for children’s recreation and sport and, as such, adheres to 5 principles of healthy child development – a caring adult, friends, participation, play, and mastery. Snacks, if necessary, are the responsibility of each parent but must be “nut free”.
To participate, your family must complete the After School Program Registration Form and pay the annual registration fee ($40, if paid by August 15; $60, if paid after August 15). The After School Program is provided on a fee-for-service basis. Click here to view the 2018-19 rates. You will be billed after each month by email and payment is only accepted by pre-authorized direct debit or pre-authorized credit card.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to ensure the success of the Program and the safety of our students, any elementary students found in the school 15 minutes after the last bell at the end of the school day will be considered as participating in the After School Program and parents will be invoiced accordingly.
Parents must have an approved Driver Authorization Form signed by the Principal for transporting children other than their own to and from any school authorized event (field trips, sports teams, ski trip, outdoor education activities, etc). Driver Authorization Forms can be obtained at the school office or HERE.
Update your information with these 4 easy steps in our SCS Family Directory:
- Visit www.saskatoonchristianschool.ca
- Sign into the "Parent Zone" in Community
- Choose "Family Directory"
- At the bottom of the page it says "To add your family to the directory or update your information, click here."
Add or update your information and you are done!
OUTDOOR BASKETBALL HOOPS
We have raised $2329 towards our $10,000 goal!!
WHAT FUNDSCRIP IS: Fundscrip is our ongoing fundraising program where you can purchase gift cards to your favorite stores and restaurants, and in return, SCS receives a percentage of the sales towards our fundraising goal!
HOW IT WORKS: Visit Fundscrip and place your order online using group code GMPL2Q. There you can view the list of 248 available retailers -grocers, drug stores, department stores, restaurants, clothing, and many more. Each card purchased generates profit for SCS! Watch for monthly promotions that benefit our school even more!
NEXT GROUP ORDER DATE: May 1, 2019 - you will be contacted for pick up approximately 10 days later.
OTHER ORDERING OPPORTUNITIES: You can order anytime and have cards directly shipped to your home for the cost of a stamp.
PAYMENT METHODS: The best payment option is an electronic funds transfer. Please refrain from ordering by credit card, as the fee charged greatly diminishes or even eliminates any of the school profits.
QUESTIONS: Contact Connie McGregor by text at 306-380-1920 or email.
February 12, 2019
March 12, 2019
April 9, 2019
May 14, 2019
1) Visit: www.healthyhunger.ca
2) Click the box ‘No Obligation Sign Up’ and begin.
3) Register child under their home room /grade.
4) Continue following prompts. Pay online using VISA, MasterCard, or Debit.
5) Our supplier is Schira Subways.
You may order lunches up to 5 days prior to the lunch. If your child(ren) is/are away on the day of the lunch, you may pick up the lunch from school on the day of the lunch or it will be kept in the fridge to be picked up the following day.
Upcoming Healthy Hunger SUBWAY Lunch dates (last day to order in brackets):
March 7 (March 2)
April 18 (April 13)
May 23 (May 18)
June 13 (June 8)
Proceeds from these lunches will go towards SCS Extra-Curricular Athletics.
If you have any questions about the Healthy Hunger lunch program, please email Mr. Glen Ukrainetz.
Hot Lunch Coordinators Needed!
SCS is in need of two Hot Lunch coordinators for next year! Our wonderful ladies have informed us that this will be their last year doing the Hot Lunch program. If you and a friend are looking for a way to get all your parent hours done together and want to have a great time cooking and serving our kids and staff, then this is the position for you . For any questions about the program contact our Community Development Officer. There are four Hot Lunch opportunities left where you can be trained by these two ladies and get to know the process before taking it over next year.
February 18-22, 2019
Monday, February 25 | 7:30-9pm | SCS Library
Bring your questions and join in healthy and constructive conversations with your key leaders and SSCE Board.
Sunday, March 10 | 3 – 6 pm
Join us for a fun family afternoon! Invite your friends and family. Click HERE to let us know you are coming so we have enough treats for everyone!
1. Registration packages will be sent home on April 12.
2. Contact the School Office if you have a child going into Kindergarten. The appropriate forms will be included in your registration package.
3. Registration forms must be completed and the fully completed registration package received by the BUSINESS OFFICE (not the School Office) no later than May 3 to allow us enough time to determine classroom availability for new families. Payment arrangements are part of the fully completed registration package.
4. The late filing fee of $100 will be charged for any registration package not received fully completed by the May 3 deadline.
5. The non-refundable “tuition deposit” will remain $250 and must be included as part of the fully completed registration package. This payment will be deposited on the first banking day after July 1 and can be cash, cheque, or pre-authorized debit.
6. Payment arrangements will include tuition, hot lunch, Grade 11 mission program and the Parent Partnership Program optional buyout. They will not include other program fees (currently Commercial Cooking and SPED) as these will be expected later when a secondary student is accepted to the individual program(s).
7. Class lists will be generated based on students for whom registration is complete (including acceptable payment arrangements). Your child will not be placed on a class list at the start of the school year if registration is incomplete.
SCS is pleased to offer financial assistance to qualifying families who would otherwise be unable to attend because of financial hardship. Awards of financial assistance are based on an analysis of a family’s ability to contribute towards educational expenses. This analysis is conducted by Apple Financial Services (www.applefinancialservices.ca).
Funding is limited so it is important to apply early.
In order to help us determine the amount of funds we will have available to assist new families for an upcoming school year, returning families must submit their applications for financial assistance by April 17, 2019.
Did you know that our website has a Post-Secondary section with valuable information such as scholarships and workshops? Check back often for updates as they become available!
The Saskatoon Engineering Student Society is hosting a Women in Engineering event on Thursday, March 14. This event is for female high school students grades 9-12 who are interested in learning more about engineering. Click HERE for more details.
Saskatoon Christian School Grade 4-8 Ski Trip
Monday, March 18, 2019
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT: Thursday, February 28, 2019
This is a firm deadline. Numbers need to be given to the ski hill two weeks in advance.
Registration and information can be viewed here.
Driver Authorization Form